Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Assignment - 10 Secrets for Writing Good Blog Posts

For todays assignment, we were asked to find a site that will help us improve our blogs. I get overwhelmed by reading long posts. I like bullet points and stuff that is quick, simple, and to the point. The article I found was just that. You can look at it by clicking here, but for this purpose of this assignment I will summarize it.

1. DO write about what matters to you.
2. DON'T take a too-formal tone.
3. DO edit yourself.
4. DON'T use tired cliches.
5. DO spell check your posts before you click 'Publish Now."
6. DON'T forget basic principles of good text layout.
7. DO use lists. Most blog readers skim copy rather than read it all the way through.
8. DON'T use the same format in every post.
9. DO create descriptive headlines that let readers know what to expect from your posts.
10. DON'T sweat it.

I plan on using this information, along with the information provided to me in our class lecture today, to improve my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment